Sunday, October 21, 2012

time with daddy

Sometimes it's hard being a mom. Daddies go out and work all day, but moms really do too. We take care of the kiddos, feed them, referee them, try to educate, interact and entertain them. We clean up after them, do their laundry, their dishes, among other things. By the end of the day, I am exhausted and ready for some down time.

When Daddy comes home sometimes I wish I could talk to him about his day or about my day, or just any grown up conversation would do. But the kids are in need of daddy time too, which means having a conversation with Scott is nearly impossible. And since they only see him for about an hour a day, I am happy to give him up for another hour so that they can have his attention.

Ever since I had Cooper, Scott has been so good at coming home and doing things with the kids, things that they love doing with their daddy. Their first request is usually to jump on the trampoline. Nine times out of ten, Scott has just come in, plopped down on the couch looking exhausted when Mason pops the trampoline question. And yet, as tired as he is, he still gets up, changes his clothes, and jumps with Mason and Dakota. They LOVE it.

Up until now I couldn't jump with them. For awhile I had a huge belly that would start to feel like I was pulling something whenever I tried to jump. Then once that huge belly finally spit out a baby, I was incapable of jumping again! (The kids are pretty tired of my excuses why I can't jump. :o) Besides, Daddy is way more fun to jump with anyway.

I guess my point of this post is just a little tribute to Daddy. I usually feel overwhelmed with the kids at some point during the day, but I'm so grateful to have a husband who not only takes the time to play with his kids, but actually enjoys doing it, even when he's exhausted. He's pretty great and we love him so much.  :o)


Daddy came home a little late on this day and the kids were already out jumping. I didn't even know he was home and suddenly I heard the kids screaming and laughing. I looked outside and Scott had sneaked around to the backyard, turned on the hose, and started spraying them with water. The kids loved it.  :o)

Daddy's just on the kitchen floor doing a bit of coloring with the kiddos. And yes, they are in their underwear and of course Dakota is wearing her bike helmet...for safety purposes. :o)

1 comments:

Linz said...

So cute! You are both great parents!!!