What can I say but that I LOVE this boy. He makes me laugh all the time and is so good at making me happy. He's got such a fun personality. One of his favorite things to do is play imagination games, or in other words, pretend to be other people or things or act out something he saw or read in a book. We love the Froggy books around here and we just got "Froggy Goes to the Doctor" from the library. We were totally cracking up at this book. I love his sense of humor and that we can genuinely laugh together. So since we read that book, he always wants to act out the whole book and switch roles all the time.
Our good friends recently moved away and we got to have their trampoline when they left. That is now one of Mason's favorite things to do around here. When it's hot, we put the sprinklers on underneath it and they jump in their underwear. When it rains, they get in their underwear and jump. When it's cool, they once again jump in their underwear. Mason jumps with Dakota during the day, but when daddy comes home, that is usually his first question. Can you bounce with us dad?? He loves bouncing with his daddy.
Mason also totally loves his cousins. This year however, three of his cousins started kindergarten and so he is constantly asking if they are home from school yet. He always wants someone to come over and play or jump with him. He absolutely loves his cousin Adelia right now. Not sure where the obsession came from, but he always wants her to come play and is always drawing and coloring pictures for her. He loves her so much that when she came over the other day, we were eating macaroni and cheese for lunch. Adelia said she wanted more mac n cheese, but I told her that I had divided it all up between everyone and it was all gone. Mason then said, "Well, I could share the rest of mine with you." So then he proceeded to give her almost all of his own mac n cheese. Very sweet.
Mace did start preschool this year. And he absolutely loves it! He only goes on Tuesdays and Thursdays but he told me he wishes he had school everyday. That makes me very happy, especially considering he will be going all day everyday next year for kindergarten. He is such a smart kid and I wish I was still consistent with doing school at home with him just to continue helping him learn to read, but being big and pregnant and then having a newborn has definitely changed our routines. I would love to make it a priority again though.
Mace also loves girls. There's really no other way to put it. He has some girls in his class and he will tell me how cute or how pretty they are. Honestly, I think this is starting way too young for me. He also likes to watch movies where there's a princess or where they kiss. Can you believe it?! And of course, almost all Disney movies have a princess who ends up kissing a prince or someone. I thought boys were supposed to think that was gross for a long time before they liked it! I think we're in trouble.
Mason can really lose his temper sometimes, and when he does he squishes up his face and almost growls. It's almost like he's turning into the hulk! Which I actually say to him sometimes when he gets so angry. Sometimes he thinks that's funny, sometimes it is so not funny to him! :o)
Speaking of the hulk, he loves superheroes. He's convinced me to let him watch some superhero cartoons that I never wanted him to watch for fear that he would be more violent. Well, I decided I'd rather him watch that then My Little Pony, so
I love the way he talks to Dakota sometimes. I am always trying to tell him to talk to her and teach her things so that she won't want to hit him or scream at him. Sometimes he actually does, and I love to see that interaction. Because that little Kota will go wherever Mason goes as long as he is being kind to her. He is such a sweet boy and I am grateful everyday that he is mine! :o)
Monday, October 15, 2012
Mason
Posted by Ford Family at 10:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Oh my gosh I love these photo's! How precious and sweet, what wonderful memories you all are making! Keep it up and then when those beautiful kids are all grown up and you need photo's for their wedding reception, you will have them.
I love you so much and can't wait until Christmas when I see you all again!
Post a Comment