Saturday, October 13, 2012

Dakota

After a few posts about our newest addition to the family, I really felt like a Dakota and Mason post was in order!  :o)

Dakota is fabulous. She really is. She is such a sweet, kind girl who loves to share. She has such a great imagination and is able to play Mason's imaginary games and follow along perfectly. She loves music and comes up with the best dances and moves. Usually if I ask her for a hug, she will say no, but will say, "How bout a kiss?" Or if I ask for a kiss, she will say, "No. How bout a hug?"

Dakota is also obsessed with the difference between boys and girls. Honestly, she's just very observant and was very curious when she noticed her and Mason were not the same. Mason could care less back when he was two, let alone now. So having a 2 year old obsessed with that is new to me. Mason however does think it's hilarious when Dakota says or does anything that would technically be defined as inappropriate. Which in turn, makes Kota think it's hilarious too! What a pair they are. Gotta love em.  :o)

Another obsession Kota has right now is the word poop. The way she uses that word sometimes just makes us all laugh, which I'm sure is why she continues saying the word. But sometimes it's so funny, I can't stop laughing! She will be talking to me about something serious, I'll reply to her, and she'll start walking away and say with a straight face, okay poopy. It's not in a disrespectful way at all, it's just matter of factly and makes me laugh. Tonight she was singing "Wheels on the Bus" and she said, "All through the poop." Such a goof.

I've noticed that if she gets enough attention, she is usually a pretty happy camper. But... If things are a little crazy and Miss Kota isn't getting enough attention, she gets whiny, cranky and mean. I'm sure that's how most kids are, but since Cooper has been born, she's been a little of all three of those things! So lately I've been trying to give her more attention and she's totally been that sweet, wonderful Kota I know so well. I had to write this down so that when she's being whiny or cranky or mean, I can try giving her more attention to give us all some sanity!  :o)

We really want to put Kota in a gymnastics, soccer, or dance class. She's seriously so coordinated and loves doing everything active. It's so fun! I think I'll put her in gymnastics in the next month or so. With all this new baby stuff, I'm still trying to find our "family of five" routine and figure out how to keep all this laundry done. Good heavens, there is a lot of laundry! So once we are settled a bit more, we will get her going in a fun class.

Dakota also loves to help me out. She is almost always willing to help me put laundry away or put dishes away and although the clothes may be unfolded by the time they get to their drawers, she does a great job and I'm always so grateful for the help! I do have to ask her if she wants to help in a fun way. If I just tell her to put her clothes away, she would flat out refuse. It has to sound like a fun idea for sure.  :o)

I also completely love her eyes. I tell her almost everyday how stunning her eyes are. And she always says, "What?" with a confused look on her face. LOVE this girl so much!



Here's a sample of the fabulous moves she does for her little sister. Sometimes they're moves like this, and other times they are dances. I love it!

0 comments: