When Dakota was born, I never felt comfortable leaving Mason and Dakota alone in a room together. Mason loved his sister so much and still does. But he would try to hold her or move her, etc. So gradually, as Mason started getting better with her, I started feeling comfortable leaving them alone in the same room. I even felt comfortable taking a shower while they were both awake and in the same room. Wow! It was great. It WAS great.
Somehow that uneasiness has returned as Mason has found a new hobby of randomly hitting or pushing down his sister. I try to explain to him how he needs to be nice and that it is definitely not okay to hit her, but he still does it, sometimes randomly, sometimes for playing with (or eating) his toys.
As we are working on that, there are still so many wonderful moments of these cute siblings being playmates. Mason still loves to hug and kiss his sister and Dakota loves getting those hugs and kisses from her big brother.
Saturday, July 31, 2010
buddies...
Posted by Ford Family at 11:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
She is sitting up sooooooo well!! I love the pic of M hugging D. It seems like such a protective, brotherly hug.
Oh my word those kids are cute! Grandma really misses seeing them,
Post a Comment