Well, Mason, Dakota and I are in the heat... the Arizona heat! I admit it is hot in San Antonio, but I guess we still get rain and cloud cover pretty often, so it isn't constantly hot and sunny. But nevertheless, we are enjoying ourselves here! This is somewhat a journal entry for me - so that I can remember what is on my mind right now.
We have spent lots of time with family and friends. My dad's work schedule is not my favorite, but we are making the most of the time we have to see him. He worked all week in Colorado last week and will again next week, but is working from Phoenix this week so we are so excited to see him in the evenings!
One of Mason's favorite things to do here is help Grandma water the garden. Every morning they go in the back yard and water the garden, flowers and plants.
Speaking of morning, that reminds me of the early riser that my son has become in Arizona. Every day, Mason wakes up by 5am or 6am. And for me, early is not happy! Luckily Mason has his own room, but he still comes in and wakes me up at least twice at night. Dakota is in the same room as me and she wakes me up at least twice too. So when 5 or 6 comes around, I reluctantly get up with my wide awake boy.
One of the good things about these early mornings is that there have been a few times that Mason wakes me up telling me he has to go poo poo in the toilet. So those days I jump up and say, "Oh, okay!"
Mason's bedtime routine has also gotten a bit messed up being in a different place and being away from Daddy for so long. We started the trip with him in a port a crib. But since he is in a toddler bed at home, and since he couldn't really even straighten his legs in the port a crib, I blew up a twin mattress for him. Although he was much more excited about the air mattress, it didn't quite help the sleep schedule like I had hoped.
Whenever it is nap/bedtime, Mason comes out of his room over and over and over and OVER again. We had this problem at home recently (to a smaller extent) and we were just getting to the point where he was staying in his room. So hopefully we can just continue that when we are back in San Antonio.
I have pictures to go with some activities that we've done while we've been here, and I am hoping to post them when I get home.
Sunday, July 4, 2010
Oh the Heat!
Posted by Ford Family at 3:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
We missed you and your family today! The thing that gets me about the AZ heat is when people try to console you, they always say, "yeah, but its a DRY heat" as if that makes it any less miserable. Yes, I've been in the ultra humid heat, too. And believe me, being DRY doesn't make AZ any less uncomfortable. It's just a different shade of miserable. So while San Antonio has a little extra moisture, we don't have to deal with the dehydrates-you-in-one-breath 118*F heat of Phoenix. Still it was nice to visit and I hope you're enjoying your family as much as we enjoyed mine. Hurry back. We miss you!
Post a Comment