Thursday, July 22, 2010

Daddy's Present

As I mentioned in a previous post, while we were in Phoenix Scott sent us a cute little package.  Along with the Necco wafers, he sent Mason a book.  It was called Best Pals and it had pals from Disney movies on each page like Bambi and Thumper, etc.  As we opened the book to read it, towards the back, Scott had taped a page in that had a picture of him and Mason.  It was so cute!  So every night, we would make sure to read that book last, so that we could say goodnight to Daddy.
 
One night in particular, towards the end of our trip, I was laying in bed with Mason after struggling to get him to stay in bed.  It had been a long day, and I was ready for a break, as well as help from and time with my husband.
 
Now as a side note, the only reason I post this is because I recently printed a blog book and felt like this was a great book for our family history.  And this story is one I wanted to remember.

Anyway, as I was lying with Mason, I started crying and he asked me what was wrong.  I said I missed Daddy and he said, "Here Mommy, you can hug Daddy."  He got out his book from Daddy and opened to the page with him and Scott and held it up to me.  It was so sweet and I did hug and kiss that book multiple times before we came home to San Antonio.

2 comments:

Linz said...

I love that Scott put a photo in at the end. So cute! And mason's suggestion to hug the book is so precious.

Molly said...

Sweet! I've been meaning to print one of those books. Miss you sweetie