After all of these Dakota posts, I thought Mason deserved a post as well! (Even though it will turn out to be a variety of topics covered :o)
First of all, Mason is doing so well with adjusting to a new baby sister. He is getting better at being gentle and not laying on Dakota or trying to pick her up all the time. (Or maybe I've just recovered and therefore gotten faster at reaching him before he tries those things). Either way, he is doing great!
My mom left yesterday. Mason and I were both crying. Dakota was fast asleep. But alas, a little pack of Smarties kept in my purse for emergencies just like this came in handy. Mason calmed down as we drove away from the airport with Smarties in hand. So life without my mom here is going pretty good. I was worried about being able to do things like shower, pee, cook, eat, etc., without Mason "taking care" of Dakota while I was gone. And heaven knows I can't hold her while I'm in the bathroom!
Although I haven't had to actually make dinner yet, I have been spending my time holding or feeding Dakota while surfing the internet looking for crockpot recipes. I have printed off quite a few that I am excited to try out. The crockpot seems like the way to go for dinner at this point!
Back to Mason! He has his highs and lows with sharing, but when it comes to Dakota, he loves to share. Granted, she can't take anything away yet, but, in particular, he loves letting her lay on his pillow. Now this isn't just any pillow. My friend made this pillow along with a blanket for him, and he LOVES them and will not sleep without 'em! So I was very impressed that he wanted to share them with her.
Tonight, his cousin Gracie came over. As I was talking to her mommy in the living room, we turned around and saw Mason and Gracie sitting at the table. It was after dinner and I hadn't cleared the food off the table yet (blame it on hungry Dakota :o), so the big piece of fish I didn't finish was still on my plate on the table. Mason was sitting there eating my fish and breaking off pieces and giving them to Gracie, who happily accepted them. He would then take a drink from my cup and push it over to Gracie so that she could have a drink too. I didn't get a picture, since a little girl was attached to me, but it was very sweet to see them sharing. Especially because the majority of the time, they do not want to share with each other.
Overall, week 2 has been good! It really is getting easier. I can't put my finger on why, but I don't feel as overwhelmed as I did at first.
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Week 2: And Mason
Mace being big and tough...
And Mace's sweet side...
Posted by Ford Family at 9:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment