So, I've always been the kind of mom that cannot sleep with kids in the bed. The only time one of my kids has ever slept in our bed is a few times when it was storming and Mason was scared of the thunder. Even then, I would lay there awake until the storm passed, even if it took hours, until finally I would tell Scott to take him back to his bed so that I could go to sleep. I just don't fall asleep with kids around me.
Until now...
The first couple of nights I tried to put Cooper in her cradle, but about every 20 minutes she would wake up. Eventually, she ended up sleeping right next to me, and after a two hour stretch of sleep went by, I realized how much more rested I felt. So the next night, she was right there next to me in bed again, and soon she was giving me 4 hour stretches here and there. THAT is heaven after sleepless pregnant nights and sleepless newborn nights.
I told myself, as well as people that would ask about her sleeping habits, that I was going to give her a couple weeks to get into the habit of sleeping at night and then I could transition her to her cradle. Well, it has been two weeks. And the thought of not sleeping next to her makes me a little sad. And for me, that is weird! I keep saying, I'll give her another night in bed with me. But really, it's not for her, it's for me! Okay I admitted it. I said it out loud, or at least wrote it down. Now I can't deny it. I like, no I love sleeping with Cooper.
Saturday, September 22, 2012
the nights...
Posted by Ford Family at 11:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment