My due date was August 29th. Obviously a due date is a date the doctor gives you as an estimate when the baby could come. It's a date that is usually pretty spot on with my babies. Well sorta. Mason was two days late, but I started feeling contractions on his due date that never quite went away until he came out. Dakota was one day early and I started feeling contractions two days before her due date.
Now for this little baby girl currently relaxing in my belly. She is 4 days overdue and I'm really not sure what to do with myself. I'm not used to waiting for my baby to come. I remember waiting for my due date with the other two, but I never waited around wondering when I would go into labor. It just sort of happened before I had a chance to wait it out.
The calendar hanging up in our kitchen for me and mostly the kids usually has little pictures on each day for the week that we are currently on. The pictures show the kids what we will be doing that week. Each day we turn over the date and remove the picture for that day. Last week there was a picture of Dakota as a baby in the Wednesday slot. That picture has long been removed and this week I have no idea what to put on each day. I can't plan anything knowing that this baby could interrupt those plans at any time and the kids would have planned on something that never ended up happening.
But mostly, I'm just not sure what to do each day. I'm not a fan of being over 9 months pregnant and taking 2 kiddos to the store or on an outing. Things are just so much harder with a huge belly. So huge in fact that I literally have only like 4 shirts left that completely cover my belly. Last week I thought, okay I'm going to wash these shirts and I should be good. Nope, I'm needing to wash them again so that I have something to wear that covers my belly.
I guess this is just a complaint post. Apparently this baby girl just doesn't seem to want to exit my belly. Which led me to some pondering about how contractions actually begin. What is it exactly that begins the labor? Scott and I have tried many, many labor inducing ideas and some of them did produce contractions, but obviously never anything that actually caused me to go into labor.
For now, I suppose I will wait. My doctor did say that 41 weeks was her limit and then she would need to induce me. So I will wait until Wednesday, but I really, REALLY don't want to be induced. I guess we will see what happens...
Sunday, September 2, 2012
4 days overdue...
Posted by Ford Family at 5:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment