My sweet Mason boy has been gone for just shy of 2 weeks. He went to Disney World with Nana, Aunt Christi and his cousin Grace. Tomorrow at 10:55am I will be at the airport, anxiously waiting to see that cute little face that I have missed like CRAZY!
It's interesting how these two weeks have gone. At first, it was harder with just Dakota. She was so used to having Mason around, that she was cranky and clingy. There was no Mason to see when she woke up. No Mason to play with and keep her entertained. No Mason to get sympathy from when mommy wouldn't let her do something.
After several days of the cranky, clingy-ness, she started getting used to being the only child around. That was the time that her and I got to spend some quality one-on-one time together. That has been really great! As much as I love that little girl, when I have a messy house to clean up, meals to make, another child to attend to, etc., sometimes I don't react and/or give Dakota the attention she is wanting.
So the past week or so, I have totally gotten reconnected with my girl Kota Bear. That being said, I am SO ready for Mason to come home! Seriously, when I see a picture of him I just want to kiss his cheeks so bad.
Transition here we come... So for the past two weeks, Dakota has had at least a 1:1 ratio of child to adult, sometimes more. Mason has also had a 1:1 ratio of child to adult. Tomorrow this will change for both of them. I will be outnumbered by my fabulous children (until Daddy comes home), and I'm hoping that transition won't be too crazy. Plus, I'm sure Mason has had late nights and a lack of schedule considering he was on vacation! So we will have to transition him back to his schedule as well.
As crazy as the first days all back together might be, I am so excited for them! I am excited to see Mason and Dakota interact again. That was always my favorite while Mace was gone, watching Kota talk to him on the phone. Her face would just light up and she would be so happy to talk to her brother.
I also feel like I've gotten a break and feel refreshed and ready to handle the sibling fighting. I hope that feeling lasts! :o)
Monday, May 21, 2012
one more day...
From Disney, Mace and his cute little face...
Love how he's just chillin in this pic...
Kota and Jamie also got some quality time together while Mason was gone.
Bored without her brother, Kota kept asking me to take pictures of her while we were outside. :o)
Blurry from her happy movements, Kota is talking on the phone with Mason.
Posted by Ford Family at 11:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comments:
I can't wait to come see you all, I miss you so much. These two cuties are so precious and I will only have 7 days to enjoy them, come June 7th. I am way excited! Love, love these kids.
Post a Comment