Well technically she's like two and a half months old; I'm just a little late posting!
Dakota is a fun little girl! She loves to smile, talk and squeal - and she loves her daddy! I admit, sometimes when she is crying and I feel like I can't calm her down, Daddy walks in and she turns back into a happy baby. It's pretty cute. So, for now, it seems Mason is a momma's boy and Dakota is a daddy's girl.
A couple weeks ago, Dakota had some crying fits where I couldn't figure out what was wrong. I would try to feed her, and she would get more upset. I would try her pacifier, and she would get more upset, etc. Who knows if I've figured it out, but lately I've been trying to be more attentive to her little hungry cues. I think she may have been getting over-hungry and then couldn't calm down. Now if I can feed her before she starts getting upset about it, then she does so much better! Just something I wanted to write down to remember that I figured it out!
Mason has started having a hard time with going to sleep - just the past week or so. I am not sure if this is part of his transition with having a new baby in the house or not. My sister actually told me that her kids seemed to be more needy around two months; or at least that was the time that they started having a hard time or change in behavior. So Mason now follows me to his door when I try to leave for him to nap or go to bed. He whines and starts crying for me and even holds onto my leg so I won't go. He has never had a hard time with going to bed before. At first I was surprised and came back and sang him another song, etc. But when he kept doing it, I had to just close the door on him and let him cry it out. Now, the crying has gradually diminished, and he's doing a little better. I wondered if he was scared, but I always ask if he wants a light on or something and he always says he wants the light off.
Ah done with my little journaling - on to all the pictures! :o)
Friday, April 2, 2010
Two Months Old
Here are the cousins - rockin the sunglasses!
Grandma and Grandpa came to visit - oh I miss them when they're gone!
I think Mason likes his cousin Adelia's hair - he just kept wanting to play with it.
Some shots of my Mason boy!
And proof that Dakota is such a happy baby!
Oh and I made her a bunch of these little bracelets so that she will have one to match every outfit!
Posted by Ford Family at 12:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Your kids are so cute! Wish we all could spend time together! And, I love it that your posts are so well balanced between Mason & Dakota :) Well done, mommy of two!!
Post a Comment