Friday, April 23, 2010

Doug the Bug

This week was bug week for Mason and I!  Target's dollar section had bug books, plastic bugs, an ant farm, and a bug locket.  So I, being a bug fan myself, decided to get the majority of these fun items!  Every day we learned about a different bug and one day we attempted to start an ant farm.  Well, let's face it, an ant farm for a dollar is probably not the best quality.  So, needless to say, the two ants we ended up catching and putting inside somehow found a way out!

Oh well, we still had the bug locket for the next day.  We found some sort of beetle and Mace named him Doug.  We even fed him a couple ants and gave him some grass and a leaf to hide under, since Mason kept banging him against the ground and throwing him.  I kept trying to tell him that even though we are holding this bug hostage, we still need to be nice to him.

The next day, we let the beetle "go home to his mommy" and we replaced it with a ladybug!  Our plan is to find new bugs to put in the bug locket every day!




1 comments:

Adam Jensen said...

that is sooo cool! I hope they still have those at target!