Tuesday, February 28, 2012

nana's are the best...

It's true, Nana's and Grandma's are the best.  Although I had my pros and cons list out back when we moved in across the street, today, the pros seriously outweigh the cons.

Poor Scott started getting sick on Saturday, "flu-like" symptoms he said to me.  Headache, cough, chills, fever.  Husbands are so funny when they're sick.  Then in the middle of the night he starting throwing up. Not expected. Not fun.  And he's NOT a quiet puker.  :o)  So Sunday was a rough day for him.  The puking stopped, but the "cold and flu-like symptoms" were still there.  Then Mason developed a fever and was lifeless lying on the ground.  They both got meds and went to sleep.  Oh and Kota just had a runny nose.  Not real sick, but not nursery-worthy either.

Meanwhile, while I'm trying to take care my family, I start to feel a bit lousy, but the whole time I do NOT want to puke so I don't speak a word of my feelings.

Monday rolls around and Scott and I are sick as dogs.  (The cold and flu-like symptom kind of sick.)  Nana and Papa come to the rescue.  They watch the kids til Kota's nap time and Mason watches a movie while I rest.  We both fell asleep and Scott picked up some dinner for us on his way home from work.

Okay so I've been rambling for awhile I see.  Hopefully getting to the point, Nana took the kids again today and Scott came home from work early to buy me meds for my 102.4 fever.  I am sort of a non-medication girl, but with a fever that high and a bun in the oven, I felt like I needed meds!

So the real point, I love Nana.  I am so very grateful for her and I can never really express that to her.  She is selfless and loves her kids and grandchildren no matter what.  Thank you Nana.  Seriously, thank you.

Now just imagine if Grandma lived here too... :o)

0 comments: