Dakota had her second birthday on January 11th! It was a fabulous day! I tried to do her favorite things on that day and then in the evening we went to Chuck E Cheese to play games. That's one of the best places to play because it only costs one token for each ride. So we don't go for the pizza, we go for the fun!
The day began with streamers for Kota to run through. She thought that was pretty cool and enjoyed running through and pulling on the streamers. :o)
Then before breakfast, Kota was lucky enough to have one of her favorite people sit and read to her - Daddy! She loves daddy and she loves reading books!
After Kota opened her present for the morning, her and Mason sat down to play with her new Moon Dough. They had a blast, but after the looks of the floor when they were done, it turns out I'm not the biggest fan of Moon Dough! :o)
While the kids were playing, I got busy making some Mickey Mouse pancakes. After our trip to Disney World, Dakota has been a HUGE fan of Mickey and Minnie Mouse. And yes, Mason prefers them with chocolate chips and Dakota prefers them without. :o)
Then before naptime, I got out the paints so that the kids could paint their hearts out, also one of Kota's favorite things to do. Keep in mind, so far most of these activities are better done without their clothes on. :o)
And then after naptime, we headed over to Chuck E Cheese to meet the family and have some fun! I'd say Kota enjoyed every minute of it!
And although her actions make it clear that she is, in fact, two years old, :o) she is still such a sweet, goofy, caring, lovable little girl and we are so lucky to have her in our lives!
At Two
She is putting two and three words together to make mini sentences.
She knows what it means to share and if you ask her really nice, she usually will share with you whatever she has.
She loves having Mason sing to her at night. Every night she asks for Mason to sing and every night he sings her, "I Am a Child of God."
She loves doing EVERYTHING by herself. No matter how long it takes or what the task, she wants to do it.
She puts her clothes on by herself.
She goes potty in the toilet. (maybe mommy should take advantage of this while she can eh?)
She loves books and songs. Put those two together and she could sit and sing with you for hours.
She knows exactly what she wants for breakfast every morning.
Favorite food right now is popsicles.
She is excellent at maneuvering a scooter. She rides Mason's all the time and is actually super fast and coordinated on it.
She loves being outside. Rain, cold or heat, she would be outside all day if she could.
She loves to swing.
And I love thinking about what she loves. She is such a fun little girl and I love when I have those moments when I just stare at her face and take it all in. After reading this article, those are my favorite parts of my day. When I can just sit for a second, look at my kids and realize how amazing they are.











1 comments:
I love those babies so much! I miss them, I wish you all lived closer so I could see them more than once a year. I miss so much, it makes me sad. But even with the sadness I am incredibly lucky to have an awesome daughter that teaches her children about God, family and how to have a fun life. I miss you Teresa!
Post a Comment