Ah just looking at the title of this post makes me feel good. I love Teasdale. I have loved Teasdale since I was a little kid. It is a small town in Utah in the middle of nowhere, set inside of gorgeous mountains and amazing adventures! Yes, it is THAT awesome.
My family has some land there, and when I was younger, my family would go camping in Teasdale every summer. And I absolutely loved it. I heard stories of people that would go different places for vacation every year, getting to experience many different places. Well my place was Teasdale. I don't know if I ever had a choice, but still to this day, I wouldn't want to go anywhere else. And I've always known I wanted to take my own children there too.
Maybe around June or so, I realized that I would have another baby. I'm not pregnant now and I wasn't pregnant then, and perhaps this thought in itself belongs in a different post. But at around this time, I got a strong feeling that we had another little one in our future. I think it started with Scott. See I had felt good about having two kids and being done. I really did. I didn't feel bad about stopping there, I genuinely felt good with just these two kiddos. Then Scott made a comment about how he really felt like we would have another baby. My jaw dropped and I was like, "Huh, well good luck with that!" Then as I was driving that day, it hit me too. I'm not sure if I just pulled down that wall that I had up telling myself I couldn't handle anymore kids, but something changed. And I swear from that moment on, every single baby I saw just brought tears to my eyes and I wanted to have one of my own. I guess this is called being "baby hungry" but I have NEVER been baby hungry until now.
Anyway, after that experience, I realized that next summer I might be big and pregnant or even have a little baby. Either way, I didn't think Teasdale would be on the agenda that summer because of this new "baby" idea. So I made a decision. I had to take my kids, and my husband, to Teasdale this summer. I had to go.
And go we did! Luckily my dad was able to come, as well as one of my sisters and her family (the one with the teenagers that I love :o). We rented a van and made the 23 hour drive with a night of sleep in a hotel in the middle. To be honest, because my memories of the actual camping are so great, I don't quite remember the car ride being awful. But I know it was. :o) Come on, a 1 year old and a 3 year old in the car for 23 hours? Yeah it wasn't heaven. But it was good enough that I don't mind a bit doing it again to go back to Teasdale! Let's just say that the majority of the ride, Kota was saying, "Mom, mommy, MOMMY!!" (gradually getting louder and sadder and angrier). When I would finally turn around to the scream of "Mommy!" all I would get is a point and a quiet, "eh?" Pretty funny. But at the time, not funny. :o)
Once in Teasdale, it really was heaven. I love the camping idea because the kids could be entertained with the fabulous outdoors and exploring. They played with sand, they went on walks together and with their cousins, they fished, they hiked, they climbed, they splashed in streams, they chased deer, they roasted marshmallows, and best of all, they slept like champs at night! Dakota woke up the first two nights, but every night after that she slept until the sun rose.
I loved the time spent with family and all the memories that we made and the memories that it brought back. And I'm so excited for my kids to experience all the hikes and big kid stuff as they get older.
Teasdale. This is my utopia for sure.
There are a lot of pictures below, but compared to how many are actually on my computer, you've got the short version, don't worry. :o)

























1 comments:
ok so crazy but my husbands mom grew up in Lyman ut and so we always go to the boulder mountain to camp!!!! Pleasant creek is our favorite campground. We have stayed all over. Adam even has an aunt who lives in Grover :) Wayne county is the best! so cool that it's a fam favorite of yours too!
Post a Comment