Within the past couple months, I have written down random cute things that my kids have done in hopes of posting them on my blog. Here they are... finally!
Mason's Moments
- Whenever Scott eats something spicy, he tells Mason to try it cuz it puts hair on your chest! So awhile ago, Mason was playing with the hair on Scott's hands and he looks up at me with a very serious face and says, "spicy chips!"
- During church one Sunday, a lady was bearing her testimony and she said, "I love you all so much." Mason looks at me with a surprised look and said, "She loves me so much?!"
- Again, awhile back, Mason says to me, "I love you as much as bobbalobbas. Is that so annoying?"
- Every once in awhile, Mason will tuck his shirt in and pull up his pants really high and say, "I'm a nerd!" (The things he learns from his father... Yes, Scott has been known to do this exact thing).
Kota's Moments
- Dakota used to wake up in the morning and point to her hairbands so that she could get her hair done first thing in the morning!
- Kota loves doing everything Mason does, literally. If Mason is eating, she wants to eat. If he is eating with a fork, she wants to eat with a fork. Mason likes to pretend he's whistling, so he will put one finger in his mouth and make a high pitch noise. Well Kota now does it whenever he does and they go back and forth doing it to each other.
- So one day, Kota Bear was playing with this small toy duck. Somewhere in the few hours of playing with it, it disappeared. Kota was looking for it, but I had no idea where it went. When it was time to change her wet diaper, there inside her diaper was the duck, covered in butt paste and all nasty from getting peed on. I'm sure it just fell inside somehow, but that had to be uncomfortable for her.. silly girl!
- Back in the summer months, we would go tubing down the river with some friends. The first time we went, we just borrowed some of our friends' tubes. There are a couple tube chutes that are super fun, once you are comfortable with having little kids sitting with you. Well, for the first tube chute, of course we thought it was safest for Dakota to be sitting with Daddy. When deciding on what to get a hold of, he decided that he would hold onto Kota nice and tight instead of the tube. I thought that sounded good, and off we went. Mace had gone with someone else and I was in my own tube with our buddy Vanessa in a tube between Scott and I. We held onto each other's tubes so that we would stay together. Scott was last and as he went through the chute, we realized the tube he was on was not very sturdy. The water threw him off the tube and I watched as he went under still holding Dakota above him. Finally, Scott hit a rock and accidentally let go of Kota. Luckily Vanessa was right there and scooped her up like a champ. Literally a life-saver!! Quite a scary experience and somehow, yes we still went back over and over again, but then we knew we needed a bigger, stronger raft. After that, the chute's were a breeze and we had tons of fun!

0 comments:
Post a Comment