Thursday, July 3, 2008

Simon the Dog

So, I admit I'm not a dog person. I'm especially not a fan of dogs in the house (at least not in my house). In fact, before I had Mason and before his adventures of playing with toys on the floor, I stressed out big time worrying how I could have a baby on the carpet at the same time as a dog. Well considering my feelings, Simon really is the perfect dog for our family to have. He was Scott's dog before we met, and as much as I've REALLY had to get used to him, he's starting to grow on me. The main reason is because of how much Mason loves him. For example, when Mason got his 6 month shots, he was miserable and would only stop crying if Simon was right in front of him. Mason will get sad if Simon is outside on the porch or in his kennel. He really is a good dog and is very obedient. And Mason loves when Simon is running around fetching his ball.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

So cute that Scott was helping Mason throw the ball. Your dog looks nice. Did he have any issues with Mason when you brought him home?

Ford Family said...

No, Simon had been around our nieces and nephews, so he was good with kids. Scott could tell that he was jealous of Scott's attention towards Mason, but Simon's never shown anything but love to Mason. I wouldn't let Simon get close to Mason though anyway in the beginning.

Ashlynn and Coleton said...

That is so cute, and what a pretty dog you have. I dont really like having dogs when I have kids. But they really do love eachother.

Jenni said...

Mason is so adorable! I love the arms flying about. And isn't it great when you can entertain a baby and a dog at the same time? Just a warning and a little advice, don't let Mason see you shoo away Simon with your feet because then Mason will learn that it's okay to try to KICK dogs. And then you'll think to yourself, "I think I might have taught him that."