Friday, June 3, 2011

Dakota's First Birthday!!

I am so sad that I have not posted about Kota Bear's first birthday!  Maybe because it wasn't a huge party or anything.  But she is such a princess and although she really had no opinion on how to spend her birthday, we had fun!!

On January 11th, 2011, Dakota turned one and she seemed pretty happy to have balloons all over the house when she woke up!

We just invited the family over for cupcakes, and it was perfect.  She opened a few presents and loved her new books and baby bottle.  It is fun to get her girly toys, like baby dolls and accessories for them.  I love how she naturally loves them and knows how to take care of them!

When she turned one, Dakota was walking and saying, "eh?"  :o)  She also was just learning how to fight back when her brother got too rough.  But at the same time, she has always forgotten any roughness immediately and wanted a hug from her brother.  I guess that's why we are supposed to become like a little child, easy to forgive.  LOVE this girl.  And as much as I thought I was done after having two children...  I admit, I just might not be done.  :o)

2 comments:

Brian and Lisa said...

Yay! Cousins for my future kids toplay with! You and Scott make such cute kids!!!

Diane said...

I really miss my grandchildren in Texas! I can't wait to see you. I miss so much not being in the same town as you guys. It makes me sad^