Friday, December 3, 2010

Teresa's Fall


So Teresa will probably kill me for posting this but I just had to.  A couple of days ago, we were filling up a jug with water from the faucet of our kitchen sink (it has a filter).  This process usually takes a while and it seems like something always happens and water ends up on the kitchen floor.  For example, I always forget that when I flush the toilet the water pressure decreases making the stream from the faucet to the jug fall short and water gets everywhere.  So as the jug was filling up with water, Teresa and I went into my office to chat.  After chatting for a while and forgetting about the jug, we simultaneously heard water overflowing.  Teresa ZOOMED into the kitchen to prevent our house from flooding and the next thing I heard was a yell for help and a crash.  I ran into the kitchen to see what happened and Teresa was on the kitchen floor face down and an arch of water was running from the faucet onto her head and splashing to the ground.  It was one of the most hilarious sights I have ever seen but I was very worried about Teresa so I tried to refrain from laughing.  I quickly turned the water off and knelt down beside Teresa to see if she was ok; while trying not to bust out laughing.  Her whole body was shaking and I had no clue if she was crying or laughing.  I kept asking if she was ok but I couldn’t tell.  The only thing I knew for sure was that I had seconds before I lost it and began laughing uncontrollably.  It was like one of those moments where you are at church, or a similar venue, and something funny happens and even though it is completely inappropriate to laugh you can’t help yourself (hopefully I am not the only one who has experienced this or this could be really embarrassing).  Luckily, for me, Teresa’s convulsions weren't from crying.  When she looked at me, we both fell on our backs dying of laughter.  Teresa has a boo boo on her hip from the fall but luckily she is ok.   I love you honey and I am glad you did not hurt yourself too badly!

1 comments:

Linz said...

I can picture the whole thing!!! Glad it didn't end in tears!