Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Mason Man

So tonight I was putting Mason to bed and we had just gotten done praying.  Lately we have started all taking turns saying prayers.  I guess Scott and I like to pray so that we can hit all the big things we would like to pray for, but also so that Mason can have a turn.  Anyway, Mason said his prayer and he had only thanked Heavenly Father for one thing.  Which really is fine because he's two, but he had always said longer prayers until recently, and now they are always super fast and short.  So this was our conversation as best as I can remember it:

Me: Is there anything else you want to thank Heavenly Father for?
Mason: No.
Me: You don't want to thank him for your toys or your books?

Mason: But Heavenly Father is far away. I want him to come and visit.
Me: Well Heavenly Father is in heaven with Jesus Christ.  But if we are really good, we can live with him some day.

Mason: (Something about why or when, I can't remember)
Me: When people die, they go to heaven to live with Heavenly Father.
Mason: Then they need surgery. And I will take my light saber and get them. (lots of hand and body motions here) Cuz they are bad guys. They are bad guys and I will take them and get them with my light saber (more animated movements).

I just started laughing and finished putting him to bed, because I knew I wasn't going to be able to finish that conversation without a light saber duel.  :o)

LOVE that boy!!

Our totally discounted crab pool!  Because in San Antonio, when the summer stuff goes on sale, it still feels like summer!

Mace and Daddy chillin on the kitchen floor eating popsicles.  Mace loves when Daddy does this with him.

Green eggs and ham.  Even though eggs are his most favorite thing to eat, EVER, he wasn't so sure about eating them green!

I think I take for granted the fact that this woman is across the street from us!  She is absolutely amazing and we LOVE Nana!!!

Once again, the boys in their spot doing silly faces.

I try as hard as I can to kiss those cheeks all day, but I am only aloud to every once and awhile! :o)

0 comments: