Well, my opinion on potty training is one that comes from absolutely no experience at all! Every once in awhile (quite often really), I ask Mace if he wants to go potty in the toilet. Randomly he would say yes, but for the most part the answer has always been no. So I never pushed it.
Unless this is defined as pushing... One time, I had an idea that I would give him a marshmallow when he went potty or poo-poo in the toilet. That ended in disaster. He kept wanting marshmallows so he would just sit on the toilet and get sooo upset if I didn't give him a whole bowlful of marshmallows. So that idea was over in about 3 minutes.
Today was very interesting. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but all day Mason kept going potty in the toilet. It actually began with him saying he wanted to go potty in the toilet. Wow, I thought, but we'll see if it really happens. Sure enough, out came the potty. So he got to wear pull-ups today. And he only wet in them once! He even went at Target. Well, he did poo-poo in his diaper after his nap, but that's it.
So this may be the beginning to something great, or it's just a tease. Either way, it was a nice change to changing diapers. We shall see. :o)
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Toilet Time
No relation to toilet time, but this was his first ice cream cone. (Kinda weird, but I guess we just hadn't done that with him yet)
Posted by Ford Family at 9:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment