Well, things are going fabulous here in the Ford household. Yes, Scott, Mason and I have a household now! Yea! We are in our house and I am completely loving every minute of the cleaning and unpacking. Why? Because I have a house to do it in! Seriously, it's funny how the dishes and vacuuming, etc become enjoyable tasks when you haven't had a house to do that in for awhile. Anyway, I like it. :o)
Mason is getting so big and smart. Here is a list of Eleven of his latest doings and talents:
1. He is putting 2 words together
2. He knows his colors - everything from red to turquoise
3. One of his favorite things is holding a book shut and waiting for me to tell him what to look for inside
4. Thankfully he climbs in and out of his highchair and other necessary places so that his big-bellied mother doesn't have to lift him up
5. At bedtime, or meal time (after a prayer has already been said) Mason will fold his arms and say, "pay" and will want to pray again and again... and again
6. His favorite movie is The Jungle Book and his favorite show (library rentals that is) is Bob the Builder
7. In the mornings, he likes to climb on our end table on my side of the bed and jump onto our bed
8. I just found out today why Mason goes through his snack items quickly... If I give him a slice of apple or cheese or whatever it may be, he will immediately go to his daddy and offer him as many slices as he will take. And that's why I thought he was such a good eater and came back for more!
9. Mason loves to run and hide from us when it's time to do something. And it's usually pretty funny cuz he's real goofy about it, except when it's outside and the street is his destination! This has been a bit of a battle lately. He really likes to do things after he's told not to do them. Is it just a child's curiosity or is it following in his daddy's footsteps? :o)
10. He is in a holding hands phase. But not with me, with other little kids. He always has to hold his cousin Gracie's hand when they're together. And last week after church, he held the hand of one of the cute little girls in nursery (without any coaxing) down the halls and back again. Everyone was commenting on that one! It was super cute!
11. He loves babies. Honestly, he sat with a family that just had a baby a month or so ago at church and cried when I made him come back to his family while the baby was being blessed. After he sees a baby he always says, "more baby!"
Sadly, with all the moving (and our camera not working really well) I haven't taken many pictures of Mason lately. But now that I am realizing this, I am going to start making it a point to take pictures every day like I used to do. Here is one in our new house that is a little blurry.
Friday, September 11, 2009
The Fam
Posted by Ford Family at 11:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
What a sweetheart! I am totally missing out by not seeing him grow up.
Oh he is so cute. I miss you guys so much. He is getting so big and handsome.
Hey! I love your blog! I didn't get to read it all, but I saw your cute belly pics. Good for you! I didn't take many belly pics with my boys and I regret it terribly! I love also that you post what Mason is accomplishing! You will have that to treasure forever! I was hoping to be able to see pics of the house. Hopefully next time. I am glad that we found each others blogs! See you tomorrow!
Can't wait for our reunion! You should post some pics of the house so I can see!
Post a Comment