Wednesday, January 28, 2009

First Baby Tag!

This is long, but I read it on someone else's blog and really wanted to do it! :o)


1- Where were you when you first found out you were pregnant? In our house in Phoenix, AZ

2- Who was with you? Scott

3- How did you find out that you were pregnant? About a month or two before I found out, we decided not to prevent anymore. And for a couple weeks before I found out, I had been feeling different - kinda crampy, but it definitely wasn't that time yet. I just had a feeling I might be. So I bought a buy one get one free pregnancy test and took one.

4- What was your first reaction to finding out you were pregnant? Well after the first test I brought it out to Scott and just looked at him smiling as I brought it to him. He just kept saying, No, you aren't pregnant. (I had taken a few tests before this one so Scott was convinced this would be negative again.) Well, since I had bought the cheap kind of test, Scott thought it was wrong. So I took the other one. Still positive. So he decides to go to the store and get an expensive test. So I took that one. Still positive. So finally he believed me! And we were both sooo excited!

5- Who was the first person you told? Scottie

6-Did you plan to get pregnant? Didn't plan it. Just planned to not prevent it.

7- Did you tell everyone else right away? Yes! I couldn't handle waiting! While Scott went to the store to buy my third and final pregnancy test, I started calling people!

8-Was everybody happy for you? Definitely!

9- Did you go out and celebrate? I can't remember. I think we did go out to dinner.

10- Did you want to find out the sex? Oh yeah!

11- What was the sex? Boy

12-Did anyone throw you a baby shower? Yes, my sister and best friend in Phoenix and my wonderful new friend in San Antonio!

13- Did you get any outfits at the baby shower that you just knew you weren't going to put on your baby? Umm yeah...

14- How much weight did you gain? 30 pounds

15- Did you lose all of the weight that you gained? Yes. Not right away, but I found that after I was done nursing, the last 7 pounds fell off.

16- Did you get a lot of stretch marks? No, I was obsessive about putting oil on my belly and hips. I forgot about my boobs tho - I got some there that thankfully you can't see any more!
17- What did you crave the most? I didn't really crave anything. I ate peanut butter toast just about everyday for breakfast but I didn't feel like I craved it.
19- Did you crave anything crazy? Nope
20- Who or what got on your nerves the most? Well, from the beginning I said that I wanted to go through birth without medication. So, when I would tell people that, a lot of girls would say, oh you say that now, but just wait! Then they would proceed to tell me why I wouldn't be able to do it and why I didn't want to do it. That bugged the crap outta me!
21- Were you married at the time? Yes
22- Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? No

23- Where were you when you went into labor? At home before Scott and I had fallen asleep. I had gone to the doctor that day and she had stripped my membranes. I started feeling just the cramping on and off. Then over the next two days, the contractions just gradually got worse.
24- Did your water break? Not on its own. After maybe 9 hours or so in the hospital, they broke my water.
25- Who drove you to the hospital? Scott, very carefully over the railroad tracks.
26- Did you go early or late? Late. I started feeling contractions on the 11th. I was due on the 12th. And then I gave birth on the 14th.
27- Who was in the room with you when you gave birth? Scott and my mom. :o) Thank goodness my mom was there, because as wonderful and helpful as Scott was, he was exhausted and was falling asleep. So my mom took turns with him holding my hand through contractions.
28- How long were you in labor for? Starting from when?? I went to the hospital once in the middle of the night on the 12th and was sent home. I was admitted into the hospital on the 13th at about 11pm and gave birth at 12:36pm on the 14th. So I guess 12 and 1/2 hours officially?
29- Did you have any drugs for the pain? Not a one!
30 -Did you go Natural or have a c-section? Natural
31- What was your first reaction after giving birth? Complete and utter relief!
32- How big was the baby? 7 lbs 4 oz
33- Did your Husband cry? Yes :o)
34- What did you name the baby? Mason Allen Ford
35- Does his name have any significant meaning? Mason was just a nice strong name we both liked. Allen is my dad's middle name.
36- Did you have any visitors? Yes, Scott's mom right away as well as many of our other friends and family over the course of the following 3 months.
37- Did the baby have any complications? Just one. He pooped while in utero. (Which he currently still does at least 3 times a day.) So they had to immediately clean him up and suction his nose and mouth before I could hold him.
38- How old is your baby today? 13 months!
39- When is the next one coming? Hmm good question... maybe the beginning of next year.
40-If you could, would you do it all over again? Absolutely!

Just like the friend who I got this from, I tag anyone who has had a baby and is willing to share!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Oh, that is the cutest lil' guy! He is such a joy to our family. I loved being in the room helping Teresa & Scott deliver there first baby. I will treasure that opportunity for the rest of my life!

Love,
Mom

Sheila and Mario said...

Fun! I am glad you posted this because you and I have not spoken got to chat, (besides blogging,) in ages! It is nice to get some of the background on this blessed event in your life. Props to you for going all natural for a labor that long. My sister-in-law had 5 that way, though I am not sure I have the pain tolerance. I want to have at least one of my future kiddos naturally though! We will see! :)
The next time you are in Phx we should totally get together so I can meet Mason and we can catch up! Love ya!

karen said...

That picture is so cute. I havent seen that one. I liked that you finally had him before we had to leave the next day so I got to see him brand new. 6 months later he was still cute. 13 months later...even cuter.