Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Program

Scott and I were asked to be Mary and Joseph for the Christmas program for our church. I sat on a donkey that someone made for us and Scott pulled me along with my "pregnant" belly. We went door to door inside the church asking if there was any room for us at each Inn. We ended up on stage, which was the stable, while the bishop told the Christmas story. On stage, we held a little baby that belonged to another family in the ward. It was such a neat experience. During the program, I kept thinking about how it would have felt to be Mary and to be chosen to be the mother of Christ. It was an amazing feeling to be holding that baby in the stable. I am so grateful I had that opportunity and I know Scott felt the same. He mentioned how hard it must have been to be Joseph looking for a place for them to stay.

2 comments:

Linz said...

I'm so glad they asked you guys to do that. How cool!

Molly said...

Eek - your Christmas presents are under my tree! They are labeled To: Sweetie From: Sweetie. i think it's funny!