Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dakota

What can I say about this little girl... She is an angel with an attitude!  She is the cutest little thing that I seriously want to squeeze and kiss all the time.  Well, at least at the times where she isn't screaming or trying to pinch me. :o)

She has an opinion on everything and still wants to do everything on her own.  It's very helpful usually, like when she wants to get a bowl and spoon herself, climb into her booster chair at the table by herself, climb in her crib herself... All of those things really help out a mommy with a growing belly!  It's choosing which diaper she wants after going through them all or wanting to buckle herself in her car seat that take a long time or have a long cleanup involved.  :o)

Dakota is very aware of things that I tell her, even if she doesn't always want to do those things.  Whenever she gets a snack, she will stop at the edge of the kitchen, look at me, point to the living room and say, "in there?" and make sure it's okay to eat her snack in the living room.  I love that!

She is getting so good at playing and interacting with Mason.  She does great at hide and seek, playing catch, or pretending to be characters in Mason's make believe games.  She can hold her own (sometimes a little too much), when wrestling, running or jumping around with Mason.

She has always been a good sleeper, although I admit I've never been afraid to let my kids cry it out in their crib so eventually they learn to sleep!  Dakota has her routine that she has to do before she will be happy in her crib (saying goodnight to everyone, hugs, kisses, head bump, Texas forever, which is giving knuckles), but then she will lay down and be happy until she falls asleep.  Even though she can actually climb out of her bed, she never does.  So in the mornings she will usually just make noises and play in her crib until Mason or I come in to get her.  Lately she has done a thing where she will start yelling mine or Mason's name instead of waiting patiently.

This girl is such a fun part of our family!  I love the personalities and sense of humor that my kids add to our home.  Dakota has learned how to be such a goof ball - she cracks me up!




And for Grandma, here is a random video of my girl, Kota!

1 comments:

Mom said...

OH,I cannot wait to come see this beautiful little baby girl! I miss her and Mason so much, I miss Teresa so much, I miss Scott so much!!!! I will be there soon for sure. Kota is so big now and talks so good...