So Mace and I made some Halloween sugar cookies last week and we had so much fun! I decided I would wash his hands and let him dig in and help as much as he wanted to, and not worry about the mess.
It started with cookie dough.
Yes, I know there are raw eggs in there, but I couldn't resist giving him a cookie paddle which he was delighted with!
Yes, I know there are raw eggs in there, but I couldn't resist giving him a cookie paddle which he was delighted with!

While the dough was in the refrigerator,
we went for a walk and came back ready to roll out the dough!
First of all, one of Mason's favorite parts was putting flour on the counter, on the dough, on the rolling pin, on Mommy... on anything he could!
After I would roll out the dough, he would immediately take a cookie cutter and start demolishing the dough, so I had to be quick and get at least one decent-looking cookie out of it before I had to roll it out again.
we went for a walk and came back ready to roll out the dough!
First of all, one of Mason's favorite parts was putting flour on the counter, on the dough, on the rolling pin, on Mommy... on anything he could!
After I would roll out the dough, he would immediately take a cookie cutter and start demolishing the dough, so I had to be quick and get at least one decent-looking cookie out of it before I had to roll it out again.

Then came time to make the frosting!
This time, the cookie paddles tasted even better and Mason thoroughly enjoyed cleaning the frosting off the paddles.
This time, the cookie paddles tasted even better and Mason thoroughly enjoyed cleaning the frosting off the paddles.

This was the outcome of our cookie-making:
dirty dishes, counters and floors; flour ALL over mommy and Mason; and delicious Halloween cookies!
dirty dishes, counters and floors; flour ALL over mommy and Mason; and delicious Halloween cookies!

And then Mason began the feast...
See the bat cookie,
Grab the bat cookie,
Bite the bat cookie!
See the bat cookie,
Grab the bat cookie,
Bite the bat cookie!

1 comments:
What a cute picture of you and Mason together! :)
Post a Comment